Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Up in da Club

What a great Tuesday I had yesterday. I shot down to Lake Lotawana right after work to Cullun's place. Normally if I am going to Lotawana it's for a fancy dinner at Marina Grog and Galley (highly recommended), but this time it was for beer. We jumped on Cullun's boat and headed out to sea, well KC sea. We joked that instead of seagulls they have lakegulls.

No I didn't just go there for some lake action, it was the 3rd Tuesday of the month which means one of KC's homebrew clubs, ZZ Hops, was to meet. I figured I'd mosey on down and check out a meeting and it was very convenient because it was on the same lake. Neither of us had been to an official homebrew club and I wanted to see what it was all about.

Everyone at the meeting was incredibly nice and I liked the low-key atmosphere they provided. It could have been a little more organized, but overall a good meeting. Apparently they rate homebrew brought in so first thing was they slapped a number on my Tripel Hose I brought. I think there were around 7 or 8 homebrews and about 6 different meads which was fun. Some of those guys even kept their own bees. The brews were really good and I think everyone appreciated my Tripel which was nice to hear.

While I have no ties to a homebrew club yet, I do enjoy learning about them and what they represent. I think they are a good idea to get a little more serious about your hobby.

1 comment:

beersavorer said...

Try the Canoe Club at Gate 2 on Colbern Rd. next time you're out--Thursday nights the house band plays, and they're good! They also have a few good beers (it's a lot more casual and less expensive than the Marina).