Saturday, August 1, 2009

Hopdate - The H is silent...

Three months ago I planted my very first Hop Rhizomes and I am so proud of my nine fluffy, yet thin hops that have just blossomed. The Cascade is growing at a crazy pace. It is now as tall as my deck which is about ten feet and then goes a little bit further as I extended the rope. The birds keep eating the ends so it won't go further unless I figure a way around the birds. The other two (Northern Brewer and Centennial) finally got going after the birds terrorized them. I think the birds like noble hops more.Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band.

The cascade towers above the other two.

Centennial, they don't have spell check when writing with a Sharpie.

Damn it, once again how I rely on spell check to make this blog work!! Tomorrow morning I'm going out there and fixing these!!

2 comments:

Tim (Drunk-Monkey) Marks said...

nice looking cones!
btw, I may have a lead on some Golden Nugget hops. A cool hippie chick I went to high school with is growing a bunch for tea, and is going to end up with more than she could use. let me know if you are interested and I'll get details

Anonymous said...

Sexy