Thursday, July 9, 2009

Birthday Boulevard Bourbon Barrel Quad

That's right Quad B's for my bday. I took this Thursday off of work and it was worth it. After a while I went up to Smithville Lake with my waverunner and headed for a nice quiet cove where I could get my drink on and read some of Brewing Like a Monk. I popped No. 8000 of Boulevard's Bourbon Barrel Quad from last year. I'm not going to lie, I like it WAY better than Saison-Brett and it still remains in my top 5 all time (which includes situations where I've drank). What are the top 5? Wouldn't you like to know. Email me...

Right before I went to the lake I stopped off at Oxbrow Brewing to pick up some chocolate malt for my next brew. I've got to say that I was very impressed. I don't think Tim will mind me pimping out his side business, but if you look at Kansas City's home brew shops in Olathe and Shawnee, then you've got to wonder where you can get local supplies on the MO side or North of the river for that matter. Oxbrow is very small but can get just about whatever you want at a competitive price and has bulk grains. He meets by appointment. Just email Tim.

No comments: