Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas is Over

It was a white Christmas in KC. Lots of family for Christmas. The good news is we had a lot of taste testers on my new brew, the bad news is it was a bit salty tasting due to the tap water. I used half tap water and half filtered water from the fridge. Next time I'm buying water. I compared it to O'Fallon's Blonde Ale because really, Blonde Ale is hard to come by around Christmas time. Well the carbonation rocked. The fermentation was rushed so it was a little too malty. Otherwise the taste is great. As you can see it was quite a bit darker than the O'Fallon. By the way the 5 day IPA from O'Fallon and their Smoke Porter are ones that you should pick up. O'Fallon makes a wheat and cherry-chocolate that I do not promote as much. I found a mix pack at Red-X. I'm not sure what I'm going to brew next, maybe a wheat, maybe an IPA. I've got plenty of the blonde ale left over that I'll be handing out to friends and family. I'm going to pick up a Cornie keg or two to put the next brew on tap here at the home. What should I brew next? IPA or Wheat?

5 comments:

Chimpotle said...

IPA

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the first batch. I think you have to go with an IPA.

Anonymous said...

IPA

Anonymous said...

Look at all the IPA votes, and then he goes wheat. Why do I even bother posting?

KC Hop Head said...

Ha, at least you're paying attention Jeff. Looks like no free beer for you. I got some wheat for xmas and didn't want to dissapoint. I am actually going with some IPA very soon now that I have extra carboy's and pleny of bottles.